MORE AMAZING FACTS FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE AMAZING FACTS
By MORE I mean we've done these kinds of lists before. These facts aren't MORE amazing than the facts from last time. That's not fair to those facts.
- •The entire state of Wyoming only has two escalators.
- •When Disneyland opened in 1955, "Tomorrowland" was designed to look like a year in the distant future: 1986.
- •When the last official Blockbuster Video closed in November 2013, the final rental was the apocalyptic comedy 'This Is the End.'
- •Before George W. Bush took office, some Clinton staffers canvassed the White House offices and removed the W key from over 60 keyboards.
- •The first webcam watched a coffee pot. It allowed researchers at Cambridge to monitor the coffee situation without leaving their desks.
- •In 1939, Hitler's nephew wrote an article called "Why I Hate My Uncle." He came to the U.S., served in the Navy, and settled on Long Island.
- •Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue" was penned by Shel Silverstein.
- •According to an analysis by FiveThirtyEight, 44 percent of Bob Ross's paintings contain at least one happy little cloud.
- •A group of pugs is a called a grumble.
- •Hawaiian Punch was originally developed as a tropical flavored ice cream topping.
- •Dolly Parton once entered a Dolly Parton look-a-like contest—and lost.
- •The Pittsburgh Penguins made Mister Rogers an honorary captain in 1991.