MORE THAN ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT PEEPS
Photos via Getty Images
- •It used to take 27 hours to make a Peep.
- •Now it takes six minutes.
- •The eyes are the final touch.The eyes are made of carnauba—a non-toxic edible wax (that is also found in some shoe polishes and car waxes, plus many other candies).
- •At the Just Born factory in Bethlehem, PA they make 5.5 million Peeps a day.
- •But @bjnovak is not sold on them.
- •It would take 87 quadrillion Peeps to fill the Grand Canyon.
- •Peeps Lip Gloss is a thing.
- •On New Year's Eve, Bethlehem drops a giant Peep.