RANDOM FACTS ABOUT SCHOOLS PLAYING FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW
- •Florida State has its own circus and offers an Intro to Circus class.
- •Oregon’s athletic teams were originally known as the Webfoots.
- •Wisconsin is the Badger State because the area's lead miners spent winters in tunnels burrowed into hills. Like badgers.
- •The visitors' locker room at Alabama's stadium is named 'The Fail Room' in honor of James M. Fail, class of '49.
- •Texas A&M has an official greeting—"Howdy." It "sets us apart as the friendliest campus in the world."
- •After a half-century as the Owls and then the Bulldogs, Arizona State became the Sun Devils after a student vote in 1946.
- •Notable University of Texas alums include Neil deGrasse Tyson, Farrah Fawcett, and Walter Cronkite.
- •Before adopting Fighting Irish as the school nickname, Notre Dame’s athletic teams were known as the Catholics and Ramblers.