REALLY FORCED PORTMANTEAUX THAT DIDN'T CATCH ON
There are times when one big word can more effectively do the job of two words. These are not those times. (For @kavutskiy .)
- •Scandiknavery (Scandinavian + Knavery)Deceit or trickery by Scandinavians. (Coined by James Joyce)
- •Blunch (breakfast + lunch)A mid-morning combination meal, but one you eat closer to lunch.
- •Balloonatic (balloon + lunatic)A person who is balloon-mad; a balloon enthusiast. (WWI use)
- •Psychedelicatessen (psychedelic + delicatessen)A shop selling psychedelic articles.
- •Locorestive (locomotive + restive)Inclined to remain in one place.
- •Saccharhinoceros (saccharine + rhinoceros)A lumbering person with an excessively effusive or affectedly sentimental manner.
- •Crilk (cream + milk)You get it.
- •Alcoholiday (alcohol + holiday)Leisure time spent drinking. (This word appeared in a 1913 New York Times story. This one we might want to bring back.)