YOUR WEEKEND FACTS!
Use these at Easter or brunch or wherever else you're compelled to pepper a conversation with random amazing facts.
- •According to a very important survey, 74% of American children say chocolate bunnies should be eaten ears first.
- •At an NOAA conference in 1972, Roxcy Bolton proposed naming hurricanes after Senators instead of women. She also preferred "him-i-canes."
- •Baby porcupines are called porcupettes.
- •The French equivalent of LOL is MDR. It stands for 'mort de rire,' or 'dead from laughing.'
- •The male giraffe determines a female's fertility by tasting her urine. If it passes the test, the courtship continues.
- •As part of David Hasselhoff's divorce settlement, he kept possession of the nickname "Hoff" and the catchphrase "Don't Hassle the Hoff."
- •The only number whose letters are in alphabetical order is 40 (f-o-r-t-y).
- •When the computer mouse was invented, it was called the "X-Y Position Indicator for a Display System."
- •When the mummy of Ramses II was sent to France in the mid-1970s, it was issued a passport. Ramses' occupation? "King (deceased)."