THE BEST PHRASES I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHER PEOPLE
- •"Stone-cold dum dum" - Jason MantzoukasUsed to describe a person who lacks basic intelligence or common sense.
- •"Massive as eff" - Jodi EdwardsWhen something is too large to describe any other way.
- •"It's fiiiiiiine..." - Stan Smith, American DadAdapted from Stan's original "he/she's fine," used to describe a situation or event that is absolutely not fine. Drawing out the "fine" helps dissuade/persuade the listener. You decide.
- •"That's where they get ya." - Narrator, Arrested DevelopmentUsed when describing an unforeseen problem or hidden catch in any situation. Examples include an added cost, extended wait times, or breadsticks.
- •"We had a good run." - my dadUsed when something comes to an end or runs into a problem. Usually a sign of defeat.
- •"Moving on dot org" - Jessica St. ClairUsed to move beyond a topics in a conversation