The Facebook Memories Feature Is Horrible/wonderful
Alternatively titled: WHY DO I LOOK AT THIS CRAP WHEN I'M NOT EMOTIONALLY READY?
- •This was the photo memory FB showed me today.Me and my father, from Dec 24, 2013.
- •The photo was taken in his nursing home, during a Christmas dinner for the residents.
- •That was my last Christmas with Dad.
- •I both love and hate that picture.I love it because I think it's the last photo of us together, but I hate it because that's not my dad. I mean, it is, but by then -- in full blown dementia and having lost 55 pounds in 9 months and that fucking nursing home shaved his beard without our permission -- it wasn't really him anymore.
- •This is the dad I know, the one who comes to me in dreams now.Dad died of a massive stroke on February 27, 2014. I'm still devastated, but I'm doing a little better each month that passes.
- •Merry Christmas, Dad. I miss you.