MAJOR HOLIDAYS RANKED ACCORDING TO CANDY
That's my main concern, honestly.
- 1.EasterCadbury Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs put it over the top. And the original chick and bunny peeps. The newer tree and pumpkin and ghost peeps are fakers.
- 2.HalloweenFor sheer volume. Plus, the Reese's pumpkins have a really delightful chocolate to peanut butter ratio, that just may make them better than the original. And, the "fun size" bars mean you can load up on all different kinds of candy. I am neutral on candy corn, and thus it doesn't impact the ranking.
- 3.Valentine's DayUgh. The worst. Maybe not a major holiday, either. But, chocolate.
- 4.ChristmasA lot of homemade candies (fudge - yay!; divinity - wtf is that stuff?) and hard candies, largely peppermint. Reese's trees are good, and the occasional low-quality chocolate Santa, but the candy game is just not that strong. (Cookies are another list entirely!)
- 5.ThanksgivingFor a holiday that's so food-centric, Thanksgiving is a total bummer in the candy department. Hopefully you've got some leftover from Halloween, but you're probably down to Smarties and Dum Dums.