THOUGHTS ON SEEING A STAGE PRODUCTION OF 'PETER PAN'
It was a good enough production, but this is a strange, strange play.
- •They have a dog for a nurse?I know this show is about fairies and pirates, but this is just too much. This requires a level of suspension of disbelief that I cannot achieve.
- •Why is it taking so long for Peter Pan to get here?This is a lot of unnecessary blah blah in the children's room.
- •It's always super-disturbing when parents call each other "mother" and "father."This play is chock full of parent issues.
- •Gah! Finally, Peter.
- •It's just so weird for a grown woman to play a boy.
- •Wow. The flying is pretty cool. Peter is just zipping back and forth.Seems like it would take a lot of composure to sing under such circumstances.
- •I guess it's always a risk to use child actors.
- •Huh. They did a decent job of making the "warriors" as inoffensive as possible.They're not very well-armed, though.
- •Captain Hook and these pirates are pretty enjoyable.
- •Tinker bell really almost dies?I thought that was just something made up in that monologue from that Durang play.
- •Man, I love Christopher Durang. I shoulda seen one of his plays instead.I'm gonna google that monologue. "Durang Tinkerbell monologue..."
- •Hahaha. Man, this monologue is so twisted and funny. "It wasn't enough! Tinkerbell's dead!!"From "'Dentity Crisis"
- •I hope the second act isn't as long as the first.
- •Oh, we're on a boat now. Okay.
- •Ah, it's over. Wait, no. Now we're going into the future.
- •Putting glasses on Wendy does not really make her look older.
- •I did like that giant crocodile, though.
- •Sure would love to see this show Dirang style.I wonder how scarring it is to read that monologue to the kids?