BEST SONGS TO SING IN THE CAR AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS
Basically, if James Corden had a segment titled "Carpool Karaoke with Average Joes" I'd be there.
- •"Drag Me Down" by One DirectionThere are something like 15 words in this whole song, so you can belt away without worrying about what comes next. Bonus points for nailing Harry's riffs at the end.
- •"Stronger" by Britney SpearsPerhaps the less famous of the "Stronger" anthems, but so satisfying. Best line to belt :: "my loneliness ain't killin' me no more"
- •"Come What May" by Ewan McGregor/Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge)Great if you have a partner in crime to take the part you're not singing.
- •"Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon JoviBecause Bon Jovi.
- •"Wrecking Ball" by Miley CyrusThe only Miley song I've ever listened to on repeat. Perfect for post work stress relief.
- •"Damn Regret" by Red Jumpsuit ApparatusThere are a lot of words to this song, so you have to be on your A game. There's an excellent payoff when you get to the chorus though!
- •"Danger Zone" by Kenny LogginsThis is the legacy of a high school obsession with the Top Gun soundtrack.
- •"Take Me To Church" by HozierI really can't explain why this song is so attractive to me, but I love it and I will sing it loudly and unapologetically.
- •"Need You Now" by Lady AntebellumGreat harmonies = you can pick a different part every time! It's a win-win.
- •The whole Les Miserables soundtrackBecause I am a huge nerd. But really, if you need a safe place to pretend that you're in the cast of a musical (as I sometimes do), your car is pretty perfect!