HOW TO MAKE BANOFFEE PIE
Thanks for the request, @roostaroo and @RachelP! 💛
- •You will need: 12 graham crackers, 1/3 cup salted butter, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 pint heavy whipping cream, confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, 2-3 ripe bananas
- •This recipe takes a little bit of prep regarding the sweetened condensed milk. I know this seems weird, but I promise it works! You need to cook it INSIDE the can. Remove the label and submerge the can in water (either in a crockpot or a deep pan). If on the stovetop, cook at medium boil for 3 hours. In crockpot, cook on low for 10 hours.It's imperative that the can be submerged in water the WHOLE TIME so it doesn't explode. In my opinion, the crockpot is easiest for this because the lid helps prevent evaporation. Pro tip :: you can totally do this ahead of time and store in the pantry.
- •Put the 12 graham crackers in a food processor and pulse (or put in a gallon sized ziploc bag and crush) until you have graham cracker crumbs.
- •Melt the butter in the microwave.
- •Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter together until well mixed.
- •Press the graham cracker mixture into a pie pan. Try to get it evenly distributed - it should be roughly 1/3-1/2 inch thick all around.
- •Bake the Graham cracker crust for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 C).
- •After the crust is cooked and at least marginally cooled, spread the whole can of sweetened condensed milk caramel over it.
- •Whip the cream and add powdered sugar and vanilla to taste.
- •Thinly slice bananas. Layer one banana over the caramel layer in pie. Fold other banana(s) into the whipped cream.
- •Pile the whipped cream on top of the banana/caramel layer in the pie. (If you are fancier than me, you can probably do something a bit better than pile it in. Presentation is not my forte.)
- •And now you have delicious banoffee pie! Be sure to refrigerate at least an hour or two before serving - it helps the flavors meld.