WEST WING S2.E13 :: BARTLET'S THIRD STATE OF THE UNION
"Charlie, is it possible that CJ isn't wearing any pants right now?"
- •I am one of those dorky people who loves the State of the Union in real life - so seeing it in the West Wing, where Toby and Sam have written it, is even more exciting.
- •It's crazy to see how carefully the language is chosen for this speech."He feels the word vigorous is inflammatory." 😳
- •It's also crazy to see how last minute some of the edits and inclusions are.3 minutes before the speech? Seriously? And I thought my coworkers left things to the last minute. 😜
- •Josh and his polling neuroses would make me insane.Donna is a literal saint.
- •Capitol Beat Host: "CJ's not wearing any pants. No pants whatsoever."CJ: "It's cable!"
- •CJ: "You know why I'm not wearing any pants?"Sam: "I assumed it was the usual reason."
- •Sam: "There's bathrobes in the women's locker room‽ But not the men's? Now that's outrageous. There have to be a thousand men working here, and fifty women."CJ: "Yeah.. And it's the bathrobes that's outrageous." 🙄
- •Charlie has the least enviable job in the White House a lot of the time.
- •I wonder where the situation room actually is? (Or if it's actually a thing?)It seems like it should be completely underground in a bunker somewhere.. But I doubt that's the case.
- •The fact that Ainsley Hayes has yet to meet the President despite having worked for him for three months is perhaps the most realistic thing in this episode.
- •Ainsley: "I'm going back on television now."Sam: "Try to remember you're on our side."
- •Donna: "Josh, I can help you or I can not help you, it's up to you."Josh: "Then I absolutely choose not helping me."
- •Abby is scary when she's pissed.And rightly so. It's got to be impossible to be married to the President.. especially when you find out he's running for reelection via a speech.
- •CJ has the second worst job in the building.This whole police officer storyline makes me a little sick.
- •It's a bad day as President when you walk into your office to find the Joint Chiefs already assembled.
- •The scene between Ainsley and Sam and the President is priceless."That could have been worse.. No, probably not."
- •President Bartlet: "That was three years ago."Abby: "Yeah."
- •***** In completely unrelated but current West Wing news, Allison Janney addressed the actual White House Press Corps today.Watch it here: http://cnn.it/23e8yRw