WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
My parents must have really worried about me for a while.
- •A nurse.This is a great job, right? Totally practical. But then I realized that nurses have to give shots, and I was terrified of shots. Goodbye dream!
- •Indiana Jones.He got to travel and have adventures and find treasures. Win-win-win.
- •A writer.This lasted until I realized I got roughly 1,000x more pleasure from reading stories than I did from trying to make them up myself.
- •Indiana Jones.This was a real phase. I had a whole plan in place - I would be an archaeologist and work in Egypt and the Amazon. I *maybe* insisted my friends call me Indiana James for most of 5th grade. I was cool.
- •A travel agent.Because the next best thing to traveling is living vicariously through others' travels, right?
- •A travel writer/tour guide.I still kind of wish this were my job, honestly.
- •An archaeologist.Eventually I figured out that I could maybe be a socially/historically responsible version of Indiana Jones.
- •A professor.College forever!!!