THINGS I FIND CHARMING ABOUT NATIVE NEW YORKERS
Or at least the ones I know. They may be stereotypes but they're all positive so lay off will ya!
- •They're better at not checking their phones in publicI asked a friend why once and he said "sometimes you have to take a train, bus and/or cab just to get coffee with someone so when you're in their company you value the time you have even more." I liked that.
- •They say "stand on line" instead of "in line"I just like it every time I hear it.
- •Emotional attachment to certain streets in New York
- •Possess a love of bookstores
- •Never underestimate the importance of a quality bagelOr slice...or cup of coffee
- •They're still not comfortable driving a car even after years of doing so
- •They somehow know where the best delis are no matter what city they're in
- •Immune to being bothered by crowds
- •Not scared away by very long walks
- •Neil Simon