HBO SHOWS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH EVENTUALLY
Was bored and researching new shows to start. Naturally, I gravitated towards HBO; here are some that caught my attention. Let me know of you've seen these shows and have any insight! @HBO
- •How To Make It in America (2010-2011)About 20-somethings trying to make it big in the New York fashion scene. Only 16 episodes! Even if it's not amazing, it's worth a binge.
- •True Blood (2008-2014)True HBO modern classic (no pun intended). I've actually watched the first 3 seasons, adding it to the list because I'm interested in continuing. A good show to watch a little everyday, binging it causes some over saturation in my experience.
- •Extras (2005-2007)Heard a lot of good things about it at the time of its release. Seems like the perfect thing to watch if you're a fan of Ricky Gervais (which of course I am).
- •Angels in America (2003)A provocative and fantastical miniseries about the AIDS crisis of the 1980s. As I enjoyed HBO's recent film "The Normal Heart" which deals with similar themes, it seems like a great follow-up.
- •Big Love (2006-2011)Follows a polygamist family from a fictional Mormon sect. Again, another seemingly quintessential HBO drama. Interested in watching because of it's unique premise and acclaimed reviews.
- •In Treatment (2008-2010)As a psychology student, the premise sounds very interesting to me. It also seems like a good replacement to add to the circulation of current shows as a more long haul/gradually watch venture.
- •Boardwalk Empire (2010-2014)A gritty, violent period piece with plenty of nudity. This show seems to put all the stereotypical parts of the HBO formula together in one place! This most likely means that there will be outstanding costumes and set design, suspenseful plot lines and ambiguous episode endings that leads to momentary bouts of philosophical thought.