Books I Have Finished, Books I Am Reading, Books I Am Soon to Read
Inspired by @teo. Books have been purchased and sent from a variety of places.
- •I Was a Child, Bruce Eric KaplanStatus: Finished! This biography took me by surprise. It triggered many childhood memories that I had forgotten about. I recommend this to anyone that has lost anyone close to them, especially a parent/parents.
- •Take It as a Compliment, Maria StoianStatus: Finished! I'm exploring graphic novels this year and I highly recommend this one. Men and women share stories of sexual harassment. Absolutely powerful and it blew me away.
- •The Golden Condom: And Other Essays on Love Lost and Found, Jeanne Safer (Available April 2016)Status: On hiatus. A few months ago, I had a conversation with a friend about self-help books. For a while, it was a section I strayed away from, but I've grown to love it over the course of time. This book is relatable and sharp. I recommend it to anyone looking to read about why relationships don't always work out. It covers infidelity, false friendships, triumphant marriage, and obsessive love.
- •My Struggle: Book 1, Karl Ove KnausgaardStatus: On hiatus. This three part series was recommended to me by @laure. This book deeply reminds me of my dad's childhood. I'm taking my time with it.
- •My Brilliant Friend, Elena FerranteStatus: Reading! Just started! I have been told many times to pick up this series. So far, so good.
- •The Lonely City, Olivia Laing (Available March 2016)Status: Reading! Almost done! I've been following Olivia Laing's writing for a while and I was thrilled to see this title. Laing examines loneliness and the affects it has on creative expression and art. Her heart is in every sentence.
- •Little Labors, Rivka Galchen (Available May 2016)Status: Up next!