Calvin and Hobbes Quotes
- •Calvin's dad: Grown-ups can only justify playing outside by calling it exercise, doing it when they'd rather not, and keeping records to quantify their performance.
- •Calvin: The world bores you when you're cool.
- •Calvin: I have all these great genes, but they're recessive. That's the problem here.
- •Calvin: Sometimes I wonder when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts, I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice.
- •Hobbes: So the secret to good self-esteem is to lower your expectations to the point where they're met?
- •Calvin: People pay more attention to you when they think you're up to something.
- •Hobbes: How did you emboss this card? With a screwdriver?
- •Calvin: You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place. Hobbes: That's why animals are soft and huggy.