How to Make Persimmon Crepes
Persimmons are in season and this is one of the ways you can prepare them.
- •Peel and cut two ripe persimmons (keeping the skin on is optional). Throw it all in a sauce pan with 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice, a drop of vanilla extra, a dash of cinnamon, and a pinch of fresh cracked pepper.
- •Allow the sauce to simmer for 15 minutes and stir occasionally. Take it off the stove and allow it to cool.
- •Melt 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter for crepe batter.
- •Fact: persimmons are berries
- •To make the crepe batter combine 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 cups of whole milk, 4 large eggs, a pinch of salt, and 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter. Mix until smooth and allow it to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking.
- •Whisk before using and after every crepe is smooth to ensure a good looking crepe.
- •Heat a non-stick pan (egg or crepe) over medium. Spread a light layer of butter. Ladle in a 1/3 cup of batter and swirl it around the pan.
- •Do a little dance.
- •Cook crepe until it's golden brown. This should take 2 minutes.
- •Work your magic with a spatula and flip. Cook the other side for 1 minute.Watch me flip! 🎶
- •Top or fill your crepes with persimmon sauce.
- •Enjoy!Thyme honey works well with this dish. Add a few sprigs of thyme and jar it.