Preparing for a Video Job Interview
With a week of ups and downs (work wise) I feel excited for this job interview I have to record this afternoon.
- 1.Preface: Received an email requesting a video interview from Everlane, an e-commerce clothing company based in San Francisco for a creative marketing position. Their t-shirts are 💯 : "Alexander Wang tees for like $25." – @ruddybuddy
- 2.Woke up at 6 am, did some lunges, made pour over coffee, and talked to myself.
- 3.According to the email, I can record myself via webcam/iPhone or iPad. I feel like a 80-year-old who just discovered texting.
- 4.Took a warm shower to overcome nerves.
- 5.Ironed a white button up.
- 6.Went for a walk and bought contact solution.
- 7.Put on eyeliner and mascara.
- 8.I'm nervous.
- 9.Did I tell you I'm nervous?
- 10.Final thoughts: What type of pants should I wear? Is the recording going to ask me to dance/walk around? I hope not.