Preparing for a Video Job Interview
With a week of ups and downs (work wise) I feel excited for this job interview I have to record this afternoon.
- •Preface: Received an email requesting a video interview from Everlane, an e-commerce clothing company based in San Francisco for a creative marketing position. Their t-shirts are 💯 : "Alexander Wang tees for like $25." – @ruddybuddy
- •Woke up at 6 am, did some lunges, made pour over coffee, and talked to myself.
- •According to the email, I can record myself via webcam/iPhone or iPad. I feel like a 80-year-old who just discovered texting.
- •Took a warm shower to overcome nerves.
- •Ironed a white button up.
- •Went for a walk and bought contact solution.
- •Put on eyeliner and mascara.
- •I'm nervous.
- •Did I tell you I'm nervous?
- •Final thoughts: What type of pants should I wear? Is the recording going to ask me to dance/walk around? I hope not.