Reasons Why My Face Appeared Red and Puffy After Walking Out of the Movie Theater
I went to the movies alone for the first time. After seeing recommendations for "Inside Out" on here I decided to give it a go.
- •The short film primed my emotions right before the movie started. Tears were shed. Well played, Pixar.
- •A parent in the theater took their child home 20 minutes into the movie. The child cried out "Noooooo! I don't want to go home!!!Pleeeeease!!!" multiple times. I cried.The sound of his small voice is still echoing in my ear.
- •When Riley introduces herself on the first day of school. I lost it. Being the only Asian and new kid at my elementary school really sucked. It brought me back.
- •When Joy cries in the pit and realizes that there is only so much she can do for Riley. I cried.
- •When Bing Bong, Riley's imaginary friend, realizes he can no longer be part of her life. I sobbed heavily. I used the sleeve on my pullover sweater to wipe away my ugly cry. Looked around and thought, "WHY ISN'T ANYONE CRYING? WHERE'S YOUR SOUL?!"There were only 7 people in the theater. I had a clear view of everyone's face.
- •Sadness made me cry multiple times.
- •EVERY SINGLE FLASHBACK.
- •Salted my bag popcorn with tears. I'm sure.
- •Cried on my drive home because what's a girl going to do?