COUNTRIES I'VE BEEN TO
In the order I visited them. No playing favorites here!
- 1.United States of AmericaHome sweet home. But wanderlust causes my feet to often drift away.
- 2.EnglandClotted cream, my love, please convince America - we are not whole until you immigrate from England. P.S. I love you
- 3.GermanySo this is what my ancestors felt? *think German thoughts*
- 4.ItalyThe colosseum brought tears to my eyes. That might have been from the dirt, but no matter. It was still traumatic.
- 5.Vatican CityOkay, Mr. Pope, how exactly does one get their own country? Because I'm in the market.
- 6.IrelandEvery bit as pretty as the stories say. Rolling hills, grazing sheep and horrifying car sickness defined my trip.
- 7.AustriaThe hills were alive with my sounds of music. Aka: I was sang my way through the country.
- 8.FranceThe place is charming and adorable but filthy, filthy, filthy. Don't trust strange puddles or "clean" surfaces. However, the experience is well with it.
- 9.LithuaniaThe only international airport I've ever flown through that closes. What are poor travelers such as ourselves to do when the airport chairs aren't available for sleeping in? However, the locals are very nice and accommodating. Good job, Lithuania.
- 10.LatviaThe amount of soviet statues around Riga was intimidating, but the architecture was magnificent.
- 11.CameroonMy first glorious experience with long-term squatty-potty usage. Don't knock it til you try it.
- 12.CanadaWait. Did we even leave America?
- 13.BahamasWho can ask for more than crystal clear water, unique seafood and colorful buildings?
- 14.DenmarkI'm certain that I gained 1,000lbs from all the delicious food I consumed.
- 15.TajikistanHome away from home. I miss the food, the language and the people every single day 💔 (the second place I had to implement my impeccable squatty-potty skills)
- 16.ThailandA whole coconut is less than a dollar. Can I get an "amen!"?
- 17.United Arab EmiratesWe played tag on the millionaires' playground at 2am. Isn't being an adult great?
- 18.TurkeyTurkish. Delight. Oh, C. S. Lewis, you nailed Edmond's Turkish delight obsession. I would certainly consider sacrificing my family for a room full of that stuff.