THINGS THAT REPEATEDLY CROSS MY MIND
- •this made up definition for this made up word for this very real phenomenon"the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk."
- •the mean reds"suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of"
- •do you ever look at literally anything, and wonder who was responsible for how it came to be, and then wonder what that person is doing right then and there?like, who designed the pattern on my bedspread? are they having a good day today?
- •why is there still not a shortcut to change accidental all caps lock text to lowercase? why am I still deleting and re-typing??it is 2016, no??
- •in how to steal a million, why was no one at all looking into the provenance of the bonnet's collection?didn't the owners of the real Cellini venus think it was odd that there was an exhibition centered around a work that was in their possession? (this movie is still 💯 but I'm jw)
- •this joke: (which makes my whole fam die because my dad and I are just like this)a Frenchman, a German, and a Jew are wandering in the desert. the Frenchman says "I am tired and thirsty, I must have wine!" the German says "I am tired and thirsty, I must have beer!" the Jew says, "I am tired and thirsty, I must have diabetes!"
- •my life statsie, how many miles I've swum/walked, how many hours I've laughed/cried/slept/read/watched tv (tv would probably be horrifying to find out actually), how many times I've said my own name, how many strangers' photos I'm in the background for
- •the futuremy reaction is equal parts 😦 and 😁