TIMES I'VE BEEN MISTAKEN FOR A TEENAGER IN THE LAST MONTH
I am 24 tho
- •at the nail salonmanicurist: "are you getting ready for prom? when is yours??" me: "2010" (only in my head because I am a polite person)
- •at my housecontractor: "what grade are you going into?" me: "oh I just got my master's last year" [box of American girl and bitty baby accessories I am holding falls to the floor, doll-sized bibs and shoes go everywhere, completely obliterating any credit I had]
- •at the container storeemployee: "are you going to college?" me: "no" 🙂 employee: "oh well when you do, we have 20% off sales starting mid-July" me to myself: this man really thinks I was born in 2000...still gonna hit up that sale tho
- •at my grandma's neighbor's houseneighbor: "how old are you?" me: "24" neighbor: [eyes widen, clutches her chest] "oh my! I thought you were 17!"
- •on my neighbor's deckneighbor's friend: "so are you going off to college?" me: "oh look here's my dog wanna meet her"
- •at the hair salonhairdresser: "are you in school?" me: "I'm going back to grad school" hairdresser: [nothing] me: "I'm 24" hairdresser: "and here I was, thinking you were 12!"