RADICAL SELF LOVE 101
normalizing self love is v important. I think I'm pretty good at it (maybe too good) so I thought I would share. Take an hour for yourself and be more prepared to take on the day! Suggestions welcome.
- •Candlesreally it's hard to hate candles. If I'm really stressed sometimes I'll just take about 1 minute to stare at the flame. It calms me, I don't know.
- •Snacksno specific rules on snacks, I like to eat baked goods (pro tip: everything tastes better warm) or gummies out of insanely fancy dishes - my personal favourite was Swedish berries out of my grandmothers crystal glass (I don't think I can top myself)
- •Bath timethe only additional things I can add are: Epsom salt, and bubble bath. I used to just use normal shower gel but to really get some gr8 bubbles you need to invest in some bubble bath. Maybe a bath bomb! add candles and music for bonus points!
- •Face masksFACE. MASKS. this is a whole other list, if Sephora has it I will try it. If you're new to the game and want a bit of indulgence - those origins $5 individual packs should work (I know. $5 but really, it's one Starbucks or a train ticket to work if you're me.)
- •Look into your own eyesI read somewhere once that a woman once made a pact with herself to "stare into her own eyes for 2 minutes daily" and it's really hard to hate yourself once you see how wonderful, bright, innocent your eyes are. I know it's like a thing couples do to increase intimacy but what relationship is more important than the one with yourself. 👀
- •Netflixgive yourself an hour or two! Watch crappy or not so crappy television! Decompress!
- •Teachai! peppermint! green! Honestly tea is great. Try to avoid caffeine (if you're me it just makes me more high strung, and that's saying something).
- •Walk your animalI don't have an animal but I love walks alone. I figure adding an animal - dog! cat?! gerbil?? anyway, adding an animal could only make walks better.