MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS
Beautiful music that matches amazing films. No particular order.
- •The Royal TenenbaumsWhen Hey Jude plays as mortecai flies free you just know the movie will have excellent music. It's used at all the best times. I want to list all of these times in detail but I will not. The ending !! When Margot gets off the bus !! okok I won't I won't
- •Little Miss SunshineI really loved Devotchka in this movie. Few scenes are as good as an entire family pushing a yellow van in slow motion while "The Winner Is" plays. A hugely dysfunctional family beautifully trying to make things work.
- •HerEverything about this movie is beautiful. Did Arcade Fire win an award for this ? Arcade Fire should've won an award for this. Also every non-Arcade Fire song is great too.
- •Beasts of the Southern Wild"Once There Was a Hushpuppy" is the number one song I'd stage a dance to. If I was an amazing dancer. Or choreographer. This song / the rest of the album tells such an epic story without saying anything at all. Trumpets !!
- •Beginners"Beginners Theme Suite" might be my favorite song ever. Beginners is also really really high on my movie list. Such a sad / beautiful / uplifting / very real movie about life and parents and love and growing old. The music matches these themes perfectly.
- •Palo AltoMany people didn't like this movie or wrote it off as angsty. Maybe it's because I'm still a teenager, but I thought this movie was a very real depiction of the emotions that are felt during adolescence. Either way, the music by Robert Shwartzman and Devonte Hynes is undeniably good. Fragile and haunting.
- •Up"Married Life" is the only song that makes me go from happy to crying in two seconds.
- •The Social NetworkThe music is just as unsettling as the movie itself. A great opening sequence. Also ! an honorable mention to the use "creep" by the children's choir in the trailer. best trailer ever.
- •Mistress AmericaI loved the way they incorporated an 80s sound to this album. I'm constantly listening to it and lovin it.