REASONS I'M EXCITED FOR 2016: THE CONCRETE, THE POTENTIAL, AND THE LONG SHOTS
Most of this is about music. Which is telling.
- •ELLIE GOULDING GENERAL ADMISSION STADIUM TOUR TICKETS WITH YEARS & YEARS OPENING WITH MY BFFL @lesleyann MAY 5THTHE CONCRETE: we go. THE POTENTIAL: we meet Ellie. THE LONG SHOT: she takes us on tour with her to help take care of her cats and make her laugh and help write her autobiography and funny sketch comedy skits for her show and a new YouTube channel launch.
- •TROYE SIVAN SOLD OUT AT FIRST AVENUE FEBRUARY 19TH WITH MY BFFL @lesleyannTHE CONCRETE: we go and dance our asses of. THE POTENTIAL: we meet Troye. THE LONG SHOT: he asks for my hand in marriage and we get married and have 3 babies together and Lesley Ann comes with and she and Connor Franta are the godparents and baby sitters.
- •LOLLAPALOOZA CHICAGO 2016THE CONCRETE: I try to convince @lesleyann to go - neither of us really have the money for it but we say "who cares" and then wait until literally the last minute to actually decide. THE POTENTIAL: @lesleyann and I actually go and we plan to meet up and share a List App hotel penthouse suite at Trump Hotel & Tower Chicago with @marymurphy @joemurphy @joakes @k8mcgarry @LizDawson THE LONG SHOT: @bjnovak joins in on the Trump penthouse suite with our fellow List Appers and brings mini wiener apps.
- •HAIM'S NEW ALBUMTHE CONCRETE: HAIM posts a lot of non-committal "teases?" using emoji that can't even really stand as valid "music news." THE POTENTIAL: they actually release a new album. THE LONG SHOT: somehow I survive the anticipation and obscurity.
- •LORDE'S NEW ALBUMTHE CONCRETE: Lorde releases at least one song or collaboration or selfie this year that takes over for at least a week and a half. THE POTENTIAL: Her album comes out and blows everyone away, she solidifies herself as a true artist and force. THE LONG SHOT: Lorde says she won't release her album until Donald Trump removes himself from the US race for Presidency, and Donald listens.
- •FRANK OCEAN'S NEW ALBUM, BOYS DON'T CRYTHE CONCRETE: Frankie O. does not release his new album. THE POTENTIAL: actually, I take that back, he just did. THE LONG SHOT: Frank Ocean never releases another album and just plays secret shows he posts about on Reddit playing a new, unnamed, unreleased song at each show.
- •MICHAEL SUCKS IT UP AND BECOMES A MANTHE CONCRETE: Michael further tires of his current situation. THE POTENTIAL: Michael applies to a number of full time positions he's excited about, gets a few offers, chooses one, moves out of his parents' house once financially responsible, opens up about himself to those he cares most for, and pursues a life he's excited and proud of. THE LONG SHOT: Tina Fey, at her 46th birthday party, drunkenly asks Michael to present at her inevitable future Kennedy Award Presentation.