10 BOOKS THAT HAVE MADE ME LAUGH
Turns out sometimes its hard to remember books, funny ones especially. Sad ones seem to make longer reservations in memory hotel. Or I'm just old and watch too much tv now.
- •Downtown Owl Chuck KlostermanJust some good old laughs and chuckles to be had here.
- •The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime mark haddonSome laughs but also some feelings both of joy and sadness. And some more laughs.
- •Waging Heavy Peace Neil youngWritten in a similar voice as many of his songs. I'm obsessed with a passage where he marvels at a laptops transportability then there is an ellipse then he says something like "well I'm in the barn now. You wouldn't know unless I told you but I just carried this lap top from over there to over here and thought I should tell you I'm over here now"
- •The Disaster Artist Greg SesteroThis book is behind the scenes of the breathtaking film "The Room" by Mr Tommy Wiseau. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book do both.
- •Camp 4 Steve RoperTrue stories from Camp 4 in Yosemite in the 50s-70s. Laugh at a number of things. The quality of life, the price of things, the amazing tales.
- •Villa Incognito Tom RobbinsI like to envision this as a Disney movie when I read it. A lewd weird Disney movie. But aren't they all? Are they all? No not really.
- •Barbarian Days William FinneganA real treat!
- •100 Years of Solitude Gabriel Garcia MarquezMost laughter caused by being treated to such close proximity to outrageous genius
- •a Visit from the Goon Squad Jennifer EganProvides a funny view of times relentless march on us all.
- •The Aliens Annie BakerOk ok it's a play. But it's my favorite. So funny and sad. Who can write a number of pages with only "ladder" on them and have them be compelling and.sad and....exciting and.... And....Annie Baker can that's who.