Already on li.st? Open in app.
I love live music, but until today I didn't consciously realize that I had hoped to one day magically come across some secret Prince show...at 2 am...at a club I'm nowhere hip enough for...but happened to be at anyway. Here are some of my favorite concerts I've seen live, who somehow don't seem quite enough at this moment.
- •Ella FitzgeraldHollywood Bowl. Amazing.
- •Frank SinatraHe set a mood, even while swigging scotch by the bottle.
- •Oingo BoingoEarly days in So Cal...oh man those were awesome shows. My knees are probably bad because of all of the dancing.
Shout out to @shainadesai for posting her list first! I make this then refrigerate it - just add milk and warm it up or drink it cold.
- •Slice two oranges - I use the center slicesNavel oranges are best
- •Slice freah ginger into "coins" - I trim off the bits, bobs, and some peelAbout a 4-6" amount of ginger root
- •Gather some spices and adjust to taste - I use about 3-4 sticks of cinnamon (use less if you aren't a big fan), cardamom pods (12-16), whole cloves (~14), whole peppercorns (16), star anise pods (4 whole), and about a teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg
Inspired by @ListPrompts. These are really some of my favorites, not going full Oscar voting of the "craft" here...
- •Singin' In the Rain
- •The Princess Bride
- •Good Will Hunting
Missouri is a great place for bird-watching. Not only is STL on many migratory routes, there are some cool year-round residents. Here are birds I saw today (pics from the Cornell bird database)
- •Black-capped ChickadeeCute little birds, often the first to find new feeders (as they were at my house)
- •Northern Cardinal (male)Gorgeous and still really cool to see
- •Northern Cardinal (female)I'll admit - I have a soft spot for the females. While not as striking as the bright red males, they are beautiful and elegant birds.
Random things rattling around in my head...live!
- •Is one "on fleek" or just "fleek"?For some reason this word/phrase is interesting to me, I'm just out of the loop enough to not know how to use it.
- •I need two more lists to make the 25 minimum for the @ChrisK book exchange. The pressure!Thank goodness for Draftmas, as now my draft lists are sparkling clean for 2016!
- •Why is my cat tearing around the house howling?Answer: he's a nut
The flooding is finally subsiding, but here are some pictures from St Charles, MO, where the water level of the Missouri River reached more than 15 feet over flood stage.
- •Historical flooding marker - note how the level is at 35 feet and about 2 inches. Pretty high!
- •This is normally a riverfront park with a large grass area for festivals, etc, now under many feet of water.
- •Another section of the park with walking trails and a boat ramp. Note the trail signs just peeking out above the water.
- •A cool Lewis & Clark statue, now with a moat!
Tip 'o the hat to a closed restaurant in Laguna Beach, CA that introduced me to this cocktail.
- •Squeeze some fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- •Add it to a shaker with ice, along with...
- •...about 1 for 1 ratio of citrus vodka, and
- •Tater Tots
- •Dirty vodka martini with 3 olives
- •Starbucks...or coffee in general. Given my schedule Starbucks is often the available option.
Happy new year everyone! Here is a list that has been in my drafts for a long time. I worked at Disneyland way more years ago than I want to admit, but at least I have some fun pics to remember the amazing costumes!
- •Pirates of the Caribbean
- •Haunted Mansion
- •Country Bear Jamboree
Merry Christmas @thelistapp-ers! Sending special wishes to my Secret Santa circle - @simplyshelli, @laurah, and @ChrisK! 🎄🎁✨🎅🏻
- •Source of secret family recipes....j/k, actually a source of hilarity and feeling grateful that 18 kinds of Christmas cookies is no longer the minimum benchmark for failure!
- •The parent's tree
- •My mom will play occasionally