Books I'm reading in 2017
My Goodreads goal is 40 books in 2017. Here's a list of them.
- •M Train by Patti SmithYou could read this book, or you can listen to it. I recommend the latter as Patti reads it and it makes the experience better. This is the kind of memoir I'd like to write someday.
- •First, We Make the Beast BeautifulJust started this book on how to accept your anxiety and live creatively with it. Only published in Australia but available on Kindle/iBooks.
- •The Lonely City: Adventures in the Art of Being Alone by Olivia LaingI enjoyed this book so much. Part memoir, part biography on Artist's who spent much of their life in or creating some sort of solitude: Andy Warhol, Edward Hopper, David Wojnarowicz, among others.
- •All The Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and The Rise of an Independent Nation by Rebecca TraisterThis book has a lot of info I didn't know about as I've never taken a women's studies course. It was informative.
- •No Baggage: A Minimalist Tale of Love and Wandering by Clara BensenA girl meets a guy on OK Cupid and they go on a 3 week European trip with only the clothes on their back. She's recently out of a clinical depression, he's emotionally unavailable but a whole lot of fun. I'm enjoying their journey.
- •The Nightingale by Kristin HannahCurrently listening to this tale of a young girl in occupied France.
- •Daring Greatly by Brené BrownI'll read anything Brené writes. This book on vulnerability is perfect for anyone afraid to make the leap in that arena. Though I did skip over the children chapter.