Thoughts on Seeing a Therapist for the 1st Time
In 6 years.
- •Before the sesh I started to get really nervous. Hand shaking nervous.
- •When the sesh began I just started talking about everything. Then I stopped to ask, oh wait is there a method to doing this?She smiled and replied - let me ask you just a few questions first.
- •Then I started talking more, jumping around from topic to topic, not making eye contact, so that I wouldn't cry. 💪
- •Then I looked up at her and almost cried.
- •But I didn't! 💪💪
- •She was kind and encouraging and wants to help me lead a more confident life.
- •I didn't feel like I had to impress her.
- •Though she said she was impressed by my accomplishments
- •She was the first person in a very long time that made me feel okay about how I feel about my feelings and myself.
- •In a :45 min sesh she concluded that our first order of business is to learn how to NOT completely shutoff emotion/feelings but to let them surface JUST a little.I have a feeling this is going to hurt.
- •I wonder if therapists Google their patients.