HOW I RELAX AND DESTRESS
After a very stressful week, I am in need of a list of reminders that I do not always have to feel like a big bundle of stress.
- •Light a candleMany candles
- •Turn on my diffuserI bought a diffuser recently, and instantly fell in love. BUT it conflicts with my love of candles occasionally, like when I can't decide which one I want.
- •ReadUsually something that I have read several times before... Let's just be real, usually Harry Potter.
- •Hide.I will straight up hide from people. I like to put as many doors as I can between people and myself when things aren't going well. When my grandpa died, I took out my sleeping bag and slept in my closet for a month (my dorm room closet was inexplicably the size of a small bedroom).
- •Bath.Oatmeal bath, essential oils, Adele, steaming hot water.
- •DogOr any other furry animal
- •WalkThis goes with dog. Walking a dog is so therapeutic. I wish I had my own dog, but that is not yet a reality.
- •SleepMy bed is my safe place. I could spend all day in my bed happily reading, eating, watching tv, laying there, scrolling through lists, and of course sleeping.
- •TED TalksI save all the talks that I want to watch and every once in a while I destress by learning everything I never knew I needed to.