IF I'M EVER ON HOUSE HUNTERS
Pinch me because I'll be sure I'm dreaming. Living in 15+ places over the last 5 years has taught me amenities I appreciate having. Here's a list of things I'd love to unreasonably demand from an unsuspecting realtor to make my home owner dreams come true!
- •WELL LIT AREA/ NEAR TO MAJOR TRANSPORTATION 🚎🚇🚲🚶🏽💡🔦Walking 10 blocks in the dark to my apartment at 3 am is not a thing I'm about to do. Well I will. But I won't like it.
- •LOTS OF NATURAL LIGHT ☀️☀️☀️I get sad in places that are forever dark - plus energy bills suck and I want to show love to Mother Earth and give home to a bunch of plants. This means south and/ or west facing windows for me.
- •functional kitchen 🍴🍷Cooking and baking are constants in my life. I also love spending social time in my kitchen. This needs to be big enough/ functional in a way so that when I pull my besties into the kitchen to gossip, there's room for at least 4 people to hit the floor.
- •outdoor amenities 🌳🍁🍃This could mean a porch, balcony, access to the roof, very near a park, etc. I need a way to be outside while home.
- •open floor planSo original, I know. But honestly, a bunch of walls in the way just means more walls I run into in the dark.
- •a decent size bathroom 🚽🛁The bathroom is where nearly all my time just after waking up before heading out the door and all my time prepping for bed happens. Not spinning in circles in a stationary position to access the whole bathroom is a must.
- •storage spaceI don't like keeping a lot of things in my room - especially the miscellaneous. A spare closet or two to tuck away and hold the randos would help keep some order.
- •commitment to recycling ♻️♻️♻️Not totally necessary (I've lived in several places in which I've had to take recyclables to their proper sites before), but it would be nice to have a building/ area that made the commitment.