MAKE MY PORTLAND TRIP WEIRD
I'm heading with a group of friends from the Bay Area and Texas for a weekend in October. I know Portland is known for being weird. One person is vegan so any recommendations for him would be wonderful! Any suggestions of unique/weird/touristy/off the wall/must sees are welcomed! 👻
- •Eat at food carts for sure. My favorite is DC Vegetarian which has a killer vegetarian BLT.Dcvegetarian.com. 430 SW 3rd Ave.
- •See who is playing at the Doug Fir LoungeSuggested by @kate81
- •Plan on at least two hours at Powell's City Of Books. It's literally a city block of a bookstore, 3 stories high. I love @powellsbooks1005 W Burnside.
- •VooDoo Donut. Amazing, wild donuts. The downtown store is cool, but usually crazy busy. I suggest going to VooDoo Too, about two miles away. It'll have a line too, but it'll be shorter and have less scary people.1501 NE Davis, just off NE Sandy Blvd.
- •Briefly visit the world's smallest park, Mill Ends Park at SW Taylor and Naito Parkway.
- •Also visit the world's largest park that's within city limits. Forest Park.That's right, NYC, it's bigger than Central Park!
- •if you'll be there prior to October 9th, please go see the art show I curated!!Land Gallery, 3925 N Mississippi Ave http://landpdx.com/floraSuggested by @boygirlparty