ME AT HALF MY AGE
Also known as: how naive I was as a child. Inspired by @nathanveshecco
- •I was 12 1/5.
- •I grew up in a strict Catholic home, with no alcohol or drugs.
- •It was a little over a year after my mom passed away.
- •My dad was dating Anna.
- •I did not like her, based solely on the fact that she was not my mother.
- •We went to a work bbq with my dad's company at a park around Easter.
- •Anna asked my dad if he wanted a drink, which he said yes.
- •She poured an alcoholic beverage into a red solo cup.
- •Jeannette (my sister) and I proceeded to freak out because we had never seen a drop of alcohol touch my father's lips before.
- •I climbed into the back of my dad's 1989 Chevy suburban and cried my little eyes out because I thought my dad was drunk and incapable of driving the 30 minutes it would take home.
- •My sister tried to calm me down while I continued to sob and ask for her Nokia brick cellphone to call my older sister to pick us up.
- •I thought my dad was going to drive drunk and kill us all.
- •Turns out, that drink he had was a Mike's Hard Lemonade.
- •My father believes this to be the funniest thing I've ever done.