MY FAVORITE SONGS OF ALL TIME
This list was so difficult to narrow down. So, I chose the first ones that came to mind. Most are based off how the song makes me feel or the person they remind me of. I also want someone to make me a mixtape now. 💽
- •"Marching Bands of Manhattan" by Death Cab for CutieIt was difficult to choose just one since they are the one band I've seen every time they have gone on tour. This song makes me want to cry every time I hear it as soon as Ben Gibbard sings the opening lines. Also, marry me Ben Gibbard.
- •"Landslide" by Fleetwood MacI always think of my best friend when I hear this song. I saw the beautiful and majestic Stevie twice within the same year. I wore a black velvet fringe dress, held hands with my best friend and twirled as she sang this song.
- •"Daydreamer" by AdeleThe one song I will sing in the privacy of my own home, car, shower, etc. and still think I sound exactly like Adele.
- •"Let It Be" by The BeatlesI refrained myself from putting any more Beatles songs so I could do another list ranking my favorite. This song has always haunted me (in a good way) and have requested to play this at my funeral.
- •"Laundry Room" by The Avett BrothersThe buildup to the end of the song is perfect. I could keep this on repeat all day. Also, very hard to pick a favorite song by them.
- •"Everlasting Arms" by Vampire WeekendThis album has not left my CD player in my car since I purchased it. (What a dated sentence to write, btw.) It doesn't sound like all the other Vampire Weekend song and I wait for track 7 to play every time to sing as I drive. Honorable mention would also be "Warm Heart of Africa" by The Very Best feat. Ezra Koeing
- •"Black Skinhead" by Kanye WestI hate Kanye as a person. Mainly because I wish I had his confidence. But as a artist, I love him because he is constantly pushing himself creatively. And Yeezus was a great album by him.
- •"Back to Back" by DrakeI wish I could freestyle rap back at all the people who hate me. "Shout out to all my boss bitches wifin' niggas" is maybe the best line he could have done to dig at Meek Mill.
- •"Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce SpringsteenTHE BOSS. In his prime. In tight jeans. With Courtney Cox in his music video.
- •"Wonderwall" by OasisThe one song that makes me sad over a lost friendship. We outgrew each other. We stopped talking all together. He lives in Missouri now. But we still send a text to each other whenever this song comes on in our respective cities to say "I miss you." And I'll always have that, at least.
- •"I'll Catch You" by The Get Up KidsWhen I went through my angsty, middle schooler who hates the world phase. A boy I had a crush on made me a mixtape with only The Get Up Kids and The New Amsterdams songs and I was in love. I saw this band for their ten year reunion and I felt young again.
- •"My Body's a Zombie For You" by Dead Man's BonesWho else can team up with a children's choir and make a solid album? Ryan Gosling. 💀