TIMES I'VE HAD THE WORST LUCK WITH AIRPORTS
- •December 23rd, 2009The time my best friend and I had a flight from SFO to SNA the first Christmas away from home at college. Flight was delayed six hours due to weather. A baseball and playing cards were purchased.
- •August 21st, 2016The time I flew with a coworker from San Jose to Arizona. Flight was adverted to Las Vegas because of a giant dust storm but the flight attendant said we were low on fuel. Sat at the gate for 1 hour.
- •August 7th, 2016The time I flew with a coworker from SFO to Phoenix. Flight was delayed 2 hours. We drank beers and watched the Olympics.
- •September 9th, 2015The time I flew with my sister to Barcelona for a three week adventure for my birthday. Flight from LAX to our layover in Amsterdam was delayed on the Tarmac for two hours. We missed our connection. Stuck in Amsterdam airport for 3 hours. Ended up on a plane to Paris to Barcelona because that was somehow easier. Spent a total of 22 hours in airports.
- •July 2005The time I was in New York and my oldest sister made me cry in a steakhouse while the waiter handed me my bowl of ice cream and we missed our flight back to LAX. I called my dad from the bathroom, crying that I wanted to go home. Spent three hours on standby. Zero hours conversing with her during.
- •March 2010The time my oldest sister volunteered to pick me up from the airport since it was on her way for both of us to go home. Had a Sixteen Candles moment where she forgot about me. Spent 1 1/2 hours sitting in baggage claim for her after calling my dad almost in tears.
- •Today October 14, 2016The time I wanted to go to Portland but was delayed due to rain. I've been sitting on this plane for 40 minutes now. We haven't left the gate. I can't sleep on airplanes and it's not even 9 am and the girl in the same row as me is passed out. Jealousy kicks in. I have cabin fever.