FACTS ABOUT DEBRAH LEE CHARATAN
Based on today's articles in the NY Times and Newsweek.
- •She is currently a NYC real estate broker.
- •She married Robert Durst in 2000.
- •Charatan and Durst have never actually lived together in the same house.
- •Charatan was given power of attorney by Durst in 2002, which means she essentially took control of his real estate and wealth.
- •Durst has given her over $20 million out of his $65 million inheritance.
- •Charatan "doesn't remember" where Durst was when he had apparently gone to California and murdered Susan Berman, even though they were officially married just twelve days before her death.
- •Charatan developed a romantic relationship with Steven I. Holm, a real estate lawyer who has worked for Durst and is rumored to still be with him.
- •In a 1980s interview, Charatan said: “I knew if I couldn’t be a star, I wouldn’t be happy.”
- •Durst's only request for Andrew Jarecki, the director of "The Jinx" was that he never interview Debrah.