- •Yes we are a very rich nationBut most of us live paycheck to paycheck
- •We have so muchBut we waste it on weapons instead of schools, roads, hospitals, training displaced workers...
- •We love the ideaIt makes a great campaign theme. It just rings hollow when the candidate for the party of Lincoln speaks at a 4th grade level.
- •So it really isn't aspirationalIt's the national equivalent of painting our bodies the color of our favorite sports team and wearing a foam finger while pounding overpriced shitty beer in a stadium of like minded idiots. But seriously, does it solve any problems? Does it build bridges, make children smarter, a workforce more competitive? Nope. It's ego-masturbation.
- •Did you know?The term "American exceptionalism" saw common use after Soviet leader Joseph Stalin chastised members of the Jay Lovestone-led faction of the American Communist Party for their heretical belief that America was independent of the Marxist laws of history. American Communists then started using the English term "American exceptionalism" in factional fights.
- •I love my countryI love the world as well. Just in case you feel the need to criticize.