IS IT JUST ME, OR...
- •Does anyone else have a tendency to become depressed/agitated when binge watching shows that are emotional in nature?
- •Like for an obvious example: whenever I watch more than 2 or 3 episodes of Greys Anatomy in a row I seriously become depressed for a day or two. It's subtle, not obvious, so much so that it takes me a beat to figure out why I feel so shitty.
- •It happened when I binged Mad Men last year also.
- •However, I notice that when I binge watch the Sopranos (which happens about once a year give or take), I'm able to better separate my emotional response to the show and to my life okay... in other words, I don't project my feelings from the show onto my normal life.
- •Recently, I've been binging Shameless on Netflix, and while I really love the show, it's starting to take a toll on me as well. It's exhausting. I watched like 4 episodes today and now I'm at work and I feel sooooo shitty.
- •Some other times this has happened was with The Affair, Breaking Bad, The Wire and the first season of True Detective.
- •Is this weird? Or normal?