He is the best. Born in 1939, raised in rural/suburban Iowa.
- •Says if you eat your popcorn before the ACTUAL MOVIE starts (not previews), you're a "gobble-gut"Not even one piece of popcorn. You must wait.
- •Thinks brightly painted houses are drug housesSo they can be easily spotted by drug users
- •Watches Seinfeld every night, and has since the very beginning of syndication
- •Had a game with his sisters to see who could find the most spare change in a yearThis game lasted every year from probably his childhood until well into his 60's.
- •Had a friend growing up named "little Booty Brown"I have no idea. When I was little I imagined he wore brown boots.
- •Will order whatever he wants to eat at a restaurant, regardless of whether or not it's on the menuNormally a BLT ("what are they gonna say- they don't have the ingredients??") but also he likes to order a side of cottage cheese and a glass of milk.
- •Calls the show "Cops" "cops cops"
- •Made a map of Minneapolis and over the course of a year (maybe more) walked every street.Also became amused that he was finding spoons in the street. Started collecting said spoons until I explained wtf people did with them. I'm not joking.
- •Told me that every limo we see is driving either Kirby Puckett or PrinceI grew up in Minnesota in the 80's. He thinks it's still really funny.
- •Gave me Lysol to wash my babies bottles during a visitWhen I objected, he replied "it's all the same!" 😳
- •Likes to walk around a restaurant and actually look at everything on the wallsPictures, plaques, memorabilia, whatever.
- •In 1996 before the Atlanta Olympics, McDonald's had a promotion where they were choosing winners for a contest to "carry a torch" across America. My dad carried it for approx half a mile in Minneapolis.And he has the newspaper clipping to prove it.