THINGS I THINK ABOUT AT WORK
At a big box retail store.... Fine, its Target
- •FoodAlmost all of my work conversations begin with "when are you taking your lunch? What are you eating?" And seriously, I want to know. Should I go out for lunch? Should I be responsible and buy a lean cuisine? Maybe a Starbucks? Or a disgusting pizza from Food Ave? Ugh. The possibilities are endless.
- •What other people are doingAgain, the possibilities are endless. I think mostly about what my co-workers are up to and if they are getting more or less work done than me because I don't want to either under or over perform. Retail is a tricky world. Aside from that I think about what my kids are doing and how I miss them but am glad I don't have to break up toddler fights for awhile.
- •How terrible people areTo those who think it's okay to eat half of an apple and then leave it on a shelf to rot, or those who think changing a baby's diaper in a toy aisle (and then leaving said diaper for someone else) is okay, you are terrible people and please start doing all of your shopping online.
- •Whether or not I'll run into anyone I knowAnd if so, will they overhear me swearing on the sales floor?
- •How long after closing time will I have to stay here?? 😩
- •What I'm going to buy when I either have the money or remember I want itMostly I just tell people "I'm gonna buy this" and then it makes me feel like I bought it so I don't really ever have to.