Palawan Travel Tips 🛩🏝
@Lynnie asked for Palawan tips. It's a big island and there's lots of places to explore. Here's my "best of list." Feel free to add!
- •If you're flying to Coron:You'll land in a town called Busuanga, and take a 40-min land trip to Coron.
- •- Take a day to island hop.Make sure Kayangan Lake and Twin Lagoon - my favorite spots among many - are on the itinerary.
- •- Check out a former leper colony.Not on your typical island paradise agenda, but personally, visiting Culion Island was an enriching experience. It pays to get another perspective in life.
- •If you're flying to Puerto Princesa:
- •- Jump off to Tubataha Reef.A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it's a protected marine sanctuary and one of the most beautiful dive spots on the world.
- •- Go down an underground river.There's a Puerto Princesa underground river tour and it's not as claustrophobic as it sounds. Haha.
- •- Take a 3-hr road trip to Port Barton, in San Vicente.Away from the bigger towns of Palawan, it's a bit out of the way, and people like it like that. I haven't been, but I hear it's a great place to explore unspoiled beaches, or to get drinks while on a hammock outside a hut. Less is more!
- •If you're heading to El Nido:- I've never been to this lux getaway but my friend , Lou, has. And she wrote about it here: http://manila.coconuts.co/2015/09/16/option-b-9-things-do-el-nido-palawan-addition-island-hopping-and-luxury-living