Top nuggets of advice for recent MSW graduates
- •Trust your process: other people might get jobs earlier etc. Making $ is nice, but you just got through grad school!!!! Good job, take a breather if you have the safety net for it. I was pressured by other people's process but make your own path in your own time in your own way.
- •The bureaucracy sucks! The Licensing board always be changing their sheeit up, at least in CA, with new requirements. One thing at a time, but I'm still figuring it out, one day at a time
- •Be curious and open about what population/type of setting is sustainable and interesting to you
- •People change jobs all kinds, at least my cohort of people has, this first year and a half out of grad school
- •Only 10% of people in the US have a masters. You special!
- •Build an MSW community to check in about just regular life but also keep one another posted about professional development stuffs