Tv Shows I Can Shamelessly Admit Were/are My Guilty Pleasures
- •The Real WorldI have watched every season since 2000. Even when my parents blocked MTV on our family TV (that was weird), I still found ways to watch with friends elsewhere. Favorite was probably San Diego?
- •Desperate HousewivesI watched the entire series with my family throughout high school, and continued doing so in college. Long live Bree Van de Camp
- •The HillsEvery season...and associated offspring (Newport Beach: The REAL Orange County)
- •ScandalI can say this now because I no longer take this show seriously AT. ALL.
- •I Love New YorkRemember Tiffany "New York" Pollard? She was previously a failed contestant on the other VH1 reality show Flavor of Love and, because God is good, received her own spinoff. Her legacy lives on through endless gifs. #blessed
- •Barefoot ContessaI go back and forth between this Food Network show being a guilty pleasure to something I actually watch for educational value. Where else can you learn to so throughly entertain your guests with elaborately overpriced meals? Ina Garten is a literal icon and we should all strive to be more like her.
- •Kourtney and Kim Take New YorkFor some reason I never really have kept up with Keeping Up with Kardashians (pun fully intended) but I was 💯% transfixed by this show. It was gloriously absurd and Kim was dating and eventually infamously married Kris Humphries around this time so I need not say anymore.
- •EntourageThis show wasn't always a guilty pleasure. I can say that because I watched the entire series start to finish. I started out enamored at how lavish life in Hollywood seemed. But then the plot just got too absurd and Jeremy Piven's Ari wasn't doin' it for me anymore. The movie was a bit of a redemption though.