Why Panera Bread Is the Best Fast Food Restaurant in America
I worked at this marvelous culinary establishment during all 4 years of college. It's 💯. Here are my insights.
- •It's technically "fast-casual"Which means the food is served to you in about the same time as a McDonalds but in a nicer, more homey setting.
- •They have a "no-no" list of bad ingredients they don't useArtificial preservatives, sweeteners, coloring
- •The light jazz musicAlso, fireplaces!
- •They give back to the community.Whenever I helped close the store at night, we donated all uneaten foods to a local church. They also have "pay what you can" stores in select cities.
- •They're constantly innovating, and their menus are seasonal and localized.Summer salads to Christmas cookies to flatbread pizzas to clam chowder!
- •Because between memorial and labor days, you get to experience the strawberry poppyseed saladIt is heaven on earth.
- •You can eat mac n cheese in a bread bowl if you so desireWhich, trust me, people do.
- •So. Many. Different. BreadsRye. Sesame semolina. Challah. Whole grain. Cinnamon raisin. Tomato basil. And many more.
- •Almost everything about it is underratedAre you familiar with their breakfast pastries? Pastas? Their variety of bagels? Lentil quinoa bowls?
- •Can't decide what you want? You pick two.Literally, that was the most popular menu option when I worked there. Pick either a half sandwich, half salad or soup.
- •You get a free side with every meal."Chips, apple or baguette?" I will have this phrase etched into my mind for eternity.
- •The required attire for employees is just a solid color polo.Which made it easy for me going from class to work in a pinch!
- •It has a devoted cult following among the elderly population.Both sets of my grandparents love it. And two elderly couples in the town I worked in got me birthday and graduation cards! The sweetest.
- •They have a phenomenal rewards program!Get your My Panera Card today.
- •They hire bakers who come in at 9pm and leave by 5am to literally bake all night.And all the bakers I worked with had gone to culinary school.
- •If this isn't an ad for Panera, I don't know what is.