Thoughts before I hit "share" on any social media outlet
Meta List & Meta Anxiety
- •Is this Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat?Snapchat's transient, FB&IG are retroactively editable. If the answer is "Twitter," take the following points VERY SERIOUSLY.
- •Before typing, remember "The most amount of content with the least amount of words."All accounts can learn from Twitter.
- •Any spelling errors?#damnyouautocorrect I did not mean "to more" I just don't know how many r's are in tomorrow.
- •How's my punctuation?Is this the best use of a comma? Maybe a double dash—yup that's it. Period too aggressive? Ellipsis too flaky? Double period it is..
- •Is this the best time of the day to post?I'm getting old, all my friends are asleep by now.
- •Did I check "High-quality" in the FB album?Unsure? Delete and re-upload.
- •Where does this hashtag fall on a scale of 1 to 10?Less than a 7? You can do better. See #15
- •When's the last time I posted on this medium?Repeat after me, Mike: "I cannot and will not treat Instagram like Snapchat. Facebook statuses are not Tweets."
- •How important is this picture in the grand scheme of things?Instagram-to-Facebook worthy so family, high school friends, and Ecuadorian children can see it?
- •Why is the Instagram-to-Twitter button still here?#ios #updates
- •Does this picture/tweet require a "Location"?What the hell, Apple and Google are tracking my every move anyway.
- •Could any group or demographic misinterpret this or be offended?Maybe? See #15
- •Have I @'d, #hashtagged, & tagged pictures for optimum engagement?Don't forget, even @Doritos has all 4 accounts.
- •Is this within the statute of limitations for a #latergram?No? Guess it goes into the drafts until #tbt
- •Could I say this in another way?Yes? See step one; start from scratch.
- •Does this make me look like I'm trying too hard?See #1-15. I am.