THE PAIN OF BEING A BIG FAN OF THE STROKES
I've died hard with a lot of my favorite bands over the years and I may just carry a torch forever for these guys
- •They may never make another album
- •People that don't like them are generally quite judgmental of people that doThis one is a minefield and hard to articulate.... Perhaps because they were, for a brief period, the most popular band on the planet and anointed the saviors of rock, liking them is oh so obvious and basic
- •They have become, or rather they are treated as, a signifier rather than an actual bandI don't know the definition of simulacrum without having to look it up, let's just say it's hard to explain...
- •I have to admit I love julian casablancas but I don't really understand what he's up to nowI really liked the first solo album and I sort of like a few Voidz tracks but overall it leaves me a little cold... He seems to have a huge heart though
- •When they tour now, it's mostly just big festival slots in Europe
- •They licensed their music for a VW adI drive a VW
- •People think they are overrated but in fact they are the opposite
- •Albert Hammond jr. albums are goodBut only a reminder of what could be if all 5 got in a studio together
- •They are weirdly relatable as a group of friendsAnd what happens over the course of 15+ years of friendship, ups/downs etc.