THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN READING A BOOK AND A SUMMER ROMANCE
Reading is like falling in love over and over again.
- •An initial attraction...Just as a person's features can make you double take, so can the cover of a book. It's interesting. It's intriguing. You'd like to know more.
- •You flirt...You read the back or inside of the cover and your interested are further piqued. You like what you're seeing AND what you're hearing. You're willing to give this a go.
- •A few dates...It takes a little while to get to know someone, and the same goes for a novel. Some books start quickly and others are a slow burn. You're reading a chapter and waiting. Then you read a few more. Suddenly, all you want to do is read this book.
- •The passion ignites...You're invested in this book and you're ready to experience everything it is offering. You dive in with reckless abandon. It's the only thing you want to do. Your nights are sleepless, surrounded by seductive prose. It's worth the rough mornings.
- •A realization sets in...A vacation has a finite amount of days, and a book has a finite amount of pages. The end is approaching. There's still time, but it's not enough. It's ending so soon. You're struggling, but you promise to stick it out til...
- •The end.You have to say goodbye. You close the book. Your heart is filled with every possible emotion. Sadness, of course, that it's over (tears may be involved). But mostly, you're just so happy that you got to experience something so wonderful...if only for a little while. ❤️