CONVERSATIONS WITH OLDER RELATIVES ON THANKSGIVING
and somewhat appropriate responses
- •How's school going?"Well, I only considered dropping out and becoming a scientologist three times last week so things are definitely looking up"
- •You're majoring in _____ Studies, right? What kinds of things can you do with that?"According to the career counselor, a lot of students decide to sell one or more of their kidneys, marry a STEM major, or become reality TV contestants."
- •Are you seeing anyone?"There's a guy in my MWF lecture who asked me if the final paper was 10 pages excluding sources so we'll probably be engaged by Christmas!"
- •Do you know _____ ______, he's my neighbor's nephew's girlfriend's senior prom date's brother's best friend twice removed?"Yes, in a school of 20,000 people of course I know him. We frequent the same Taco Truck on the third Wednesday of each month. He orders chicken even though the barbacoa is so much better"
- •I think you two would really hit it off..."I would but suboptimal taco choices are really a deal breaker for me."