COOLEST THINGS I SAW AT SKYWALKER RANCH
- •Obi wan Kenobi's light saber
- •I'm staying in the Ansel Adams Room and there are photos on the wall and it took me a second to realize: oh, they're not prints like I would buy on posters.com they're REAL ANSEL ADAMS'S because George Lucas is rich as hell
- •Charlie Chaplin's cane and hat
- •The library at Skywalker Ranch has a gorgeous stained glass window ceiling. While it was built, George's wife Marcia Lucas (an Oscar-winning editor for Star Wars) met and fell in love with the stained glassmaker, this guy Tom Rodrigues. Marcia is gone but the stained glass ceiling remains. Haunting!
- •I saw Inside Out and I loved it. I wept like three times. I can't wait for you guys to see!
- •The wine at dinner was Skywalker Wine. There is a vineyard here. I guess once you reach a level of success in movies you open a vineyard. If I get crazy successful my vineyard will be "Kaling's Hard Lemmys".
- •The rooms are named after artists who inspired George Lucas. There's Norman Rockwell, John Huston, Ella Fitzgerald, Akira Kurosawa and so many cool people, and Dorothy Parker! I was like: really, George Lucas, you were inspired by DOROTHY PARKER?
- •Pete Docter left a note for me and this is the illustration he did of my character!
- •This tiny rocking chair.